WHO ARE WE
J Levin Locum Ltd trading as You and Eye Opticians
We are committed to protecting your personal data and take the security of your information very seriously. We have strict security measures to protect your personal data. This includes robust security procedures and encrypting electronic offline records and restricting online information.
If you have any concerns or would like to contact us about any aspect of this policy, please get in touch through the contact details provided.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND ITS SOURCES
We will collect personal data from you when you visit our website, complete our contact us form, where we will ask you to provide the following types of information:
When you visit us in person, we will ask you to provide the following types of information:
- Personal details, financial details, lifestyle details and health details
In addition, we may obtain data from other medical advisors, with your consent, to help us better understand your needs.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will use your data for the following reasons:
PROVISION OF EYE CARE
We need your personal data to ensure we fulfil our obligations.
We are required to send you recalls for your appointment/s, where we will use your personal details to reach you.
The processing of health data is necessary for the purposes of preventive or occupational treatment.
It is within our legitimate business interest to offer direct marketing to you.
WHO WE MAY PASS YOUR INFORMATION ON TO
Where appropriate, we may disclose your personal data to:
- The NHS
- Medical Advisors
- Agents acting on behalf of the company
We do not share your information with third parties for commercial purposes without your permission.
HOW WE TRANSFER AND STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your personal information will be retained for up to 10 years after your last contact with us. This is the period recommended as good practice by the College of Optometrists.
If we collected the data when you were aged under 18 we will keep it until your 25th birthday, in line with NHS requirements.
MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS AND YOUR CHOICES
We may contact you from time to time with special offers and events that may be of interest to you. You can opt out at anytime by contacting us.
You have the right to know what personal data we hold about you, be provided with a copy and to correct any inaccurate information. You may also have rights to restrict some of the processing described above or withdraw any consent you may have given us. Please contact us should you have any questions.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
• if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us
• We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
• You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to You & Eye Opticians, 106 Darkes Lane, Potters Bar, Hertfordshire, EN6 1AE, UK.
• If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.